2. MOST is responsible for drafting the National Basic Research Program, the National High-tech R&D Program and the S&T Enabling Program. MOST aims to serve socio-economic growth by coordinating basic research, frontier technology research, research on social service, key technology and common technology.
3. MOST teams up with other organizations in scheme demonstration, assessment, acceptance and policy making of major S&T special projects, and provides advice on big changes.
4. MOST compiles and implements plans on national laboratories, innovative bases, national S&T programs, and research conditions so as to promote infrastructure construction and resource sharing.
5. MOST formulates and supervises S&T plans according to policies, drafts policies on hi-tech commercialization with other departments, and guides the national high-tech industrial development zones.
6. MOST draws up policies and measures on enhancing rural and social progress with S&T to improve the livelihood of the people.
7. MOST issues policies to encourage the synergy of enterprise, university and research institute, promote application and demonstration of scientific discovery and technological invention, and improve innovation capacity of enterprises.
8. MOST makes proposal on institutional reform and supervises establishment and restructuring of research institutes.
9. MOST is responsible for budgeting, final accounting, and supervising of S&T funds. It also proposes, with relevant departments, major policies and measures on rational allocation of S&T resources.
10. MOST is responsible for appraising the National S&T Award, drawing plans on S&T talents team-building and making proposals on policies.
11. MOST drafts plans and policies on science popularization, technology market and S&T intermediaries. It is also responsible for issuing confidential measures and managing S&T assessment and statistics.
12. MOST draws up policies on S&T cooperation and exchange through bilateral and multilateral channels, guiding relevant departments and local governments in international interaction, appointing and supervising S&T diplomats, and facilitating aid to and from China.
13. MOST undertakes other tasks assigned by the State Council.
- Executive Office
The Administrative Office is in charge of organizing meetings, handling documents and telegrams, managing archives and accounting, receiving letters and calls, publicity and security. It drafts national research programs on soft science, organizes major policy study projects, and takes care of press release.</p>
- Department of Personnel
- To be responsible for human resources management, organizational realignment, selection and supervision of S&T diplomats for Chinese overseas embassies and consulates.
- Department of International Cooperation
- To be responsible for formulating policies, organizing bilateral and multilateral S&T cooperation, guiding relevant governmental agencies and localities to implement the International S&T Cooperation Program, facilitating aid efforts to and from overseas partners, leading Chinese overseas S&T missions, and liaising with Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR and Taiwan.
- Department of Social Development
- To be responsible for drafting S&T development plans and policies in the field of social development; organizing the implementation of hi-tech R&D plan, S&T supporting plan and policy-guiding S&T plan in related fields; drafting human genetic resource management method together with related parties; promoting bio-technological development and industrialization; coordinating the work of S&T response against climate change.
- Department of Rural S&T
- To be responsible for drafting plans and policies to enhance rural development through S&T; organizing the implementation of hi-tech R&D plan, S&T supporting plan and policy-guiding S&T plan in related fields; promoting rural S&T progress; guiding the application and demonstration of key S&T achievements; leading the development of agricultural science parks.
- Department of High and New Technology Development
- To be responsible for formulating plans and policies for the development and industrialization of high and new technologies in related fields, organizing the implementation of the National High Technology Research and Development Program, National Key Technologies R&D Program, and other S&T programs, guiding the construction of state-level hi-tech industrial development zones, facilitating the construction of technology service system for hi-tech industrialization, and drawing up policies for the promotion of technology market development.
- Department of Basic Research
- To be responsible for formulating plans and policies on national basic research, organizing the implementation of the National Program on Basic Research Projects and key science research program, mapping out plans for the building of key science projects, organizing the construction of state laboratories, state key laboratories, and state field science observation bases, and facilitating the infrastructure for S&T research.
- Department of Facilities and Financial Support
- To be responsible for proposing policies and measures on the guarantee of S&T research facilities and rational distribution of S&T resources, working out its budget and final statement of S&T expenditures and overseeing the execution, proposing policies on major S&T input and measures on S&T expenditures, and supervising its capital construction and state-owned assets.
- Major Special Project Office
- To be responsible for drafting implementation methods for major S&T special project; reviewing implementation plans; proposing suggestions on overall balance, plan adjustment and related supporting policies; tracing and supervising implementation work; coordinating the resolution of key problems; organizing the assessment and acceptance together with related parties; managing relevant information.
- Department of Development Planning
- The Department of Development Planning organizes the formulation of S&T development blueprints and annual plans, puts forward suggestions on fund allocation for national S&T programs, and coordinates the implementation of the programs. It works with related agencies in giving advice to the building of national S&T platforms and major innovation bases, stimulates regional S&T advancement, and serves in the administration of S&T projects and achievements appraisal, as well as the administration of S&T statistics.
- Department of Policy, Regulations and Reform
- The department is responsible for drafting plans and policies to enhance rural development through S&T; organizing the implementation of hi-tech R&D plan, S&T supporting plan and policy-guiding S&T plan in related fields; promoting rural S&T progress; guiding the application and demonstration of key S&T achievements; leading the development of agricultural science parks.
- Bureau of Supervision
|Please Take Me to:
Ministry of Science and Technology, P.R.C.
Kē Xué Jì Shù Bù
No.15B Fuxinglu, Beijing (100862)